Tehelka has good openings in the editorial section of tehelka.com (English and Hindi). Candidates who have prior experience in managingÂ online and social media channels of a news portal will be given preference.
1. Monitor news stories to ensure the viewers are given the most up-to- date information
2. Should be able to write, edit and upload stories on the web
3. Should be able to give most catchy headline.
4. Shall be excellent in ideating.
5. Must adhere to strict deadlines and work diligently to maintain the publication’s style and
8. Should be able to manage social media channels like facebook, twitter etc.
9. Should be able to work in a team and should be proactive
10. Must show aÂ keen interest in day to day tasks and activities of the department.
*Extrovert, Creative, Analytical
*Passionate with interest in writing
* Must have keen interest in news
a) Good knowledge about digital media
b) Expertise in Editorial Guideline
C) Command over language
a) Experience in Media Industry
b) Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Journalism
*Preferred industry: Digital Media*
Location:Â New Delhi
To apply, mail your resume atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org
Every month Tehelka accepts a limited number of editorial interns to work at its New Delhi office. Internship duration varies from one month to four months, depending on the academic requirement and initial performance. Tehelka doesnâ€™t monetarily compensate for any internship.Â Applicants outside India, please note Tehelka is not in a position to offer any help with expediting the visa process nor can we help with your stay in Delhi.
Skills & personal attributes:
- Comfortable with internet and multimedia tools like social media, podcasts and videos
- Abreast with current affairs and must be involved in ideation
- Basic understanding of news writing
- Must have a good command of English language â€“ both written and spoken
- Team player and self-motivated
Graduate / Post Graduate in any subject
The applicant is requested to mail his/her resume along with a few writing samples and a 300-word essay on why he/she is interested in interning with Tehelka (Must include details like the sections of the magazine or website that interests the applicant). The subject line of the mail must contain the time period he/she is applying for the internship. For example: â€˜Internship for Editorial/Video/Radio- 15th June to 5th Augâ€™ or â€˜Internship for Editorial/Video/Radio – 1st May to 30th Mayâ€™. Please send your writing samples, cover letter and resumes to email@example.com