What you need to know?
Â * Also, Rs 15 lakh fine each in both cases.
* The self-styled spiritual guru was guilty of raping two female followers (sadhvis).
* The judge gave each side 10 minutes to present their case.
*Â CBI sought life term for Ram Rahim.
* The defenceÂ gave reference to his philanthropic work and bad health and pleaded for a lighter sentence.
* The doctor present in the court declared him fit and fine.
* Ram Rahim broke down after listening to the verdict.
*Â The decision came after 10 years of Tehelka’s exclusive sting ‘Operation Jhooth Sauda’ which exposed Gurmeet Ram Rahim in 2007
Tehelka had done an exclusive sting ‘Operation Jhootha Sauda’ against Gurmeet Ram Rahim in 2007, after which the case came to trial in 2008. The rapist baba got punishment after ten years of being exposed by Tehelka.
Keeping in view the violence that erupted in Panchkula on August 25, thousands of soldiers were guarding the prison today.
No civilians were being allowed within the radius 10 km of the prison in Rohtak. Mobile internet services remained suspended. All educational institutes including schools and colleges in Haryana were closed.
38 people were killed and over 200 injured in the violence that erupted after the Dera head was convicted last week.